Re: HELP SSHD crashes on startup

John,

John Aldrich wrote:
Fresh install of Fedora Core 3 and SSH crashes on startup with the
following error (snipped from /var/log/secure):
Dec  1 05:47:53 slave1 sshd[2390]: Server listening on :: port 22.
Dec  1 05:47:53 slave1 sshd[2390]: error: Bind to port 22 on 0.0.0.0
failed: Address already in use.

What the heck is going on here and how do I fix it? I use my linux box
through an SSH-tunneled VNC session from work for the most part because my
wife is jealous of my computer. ;-)

Seriously, I need to be able to ssh into my box and work... any ideas?
Thanks.

Seems like you already have sshd running (as I have the same message and no probs logging into my box). What does

ps axuwww | grep -i sshd

say? If the server crashes on startup, what is the message when you try
to start it with

service sshd start

Alex