SSHD problems

John Aldrich john at chattanooga.net
Wed Dec 1 15:36:50 UTC 2004

Just to restate the problem -- when I start my linux box I do NOT manually
attempt to start sshd. If I attempt to ssh into my linux box, I get a timeout
error. If I check the \var\log\secure, I get the error about "address is
already in use." I never see an error on-screen.

That being said, this is pretty much a plain-vanilla FC3 install and I know
there are some updates to be had (I started downloading 'em this morning) so
maybe one of those will fix the problem.

I have one other problem, which I'll bring up in a separate email. thanks.