Re: What happened to gqview

Robin Laing wrote:

I will agree with this. The one thing that is required for many "NEW" users is the GUI and a configured yum.conf file. A new user file with an icon on the desktop would also be a great idea with common answers such as how to get mp3 and DVD's to play on Fedora. It is common for people to keep asking the same quesitions within the lists.

It would be nice if the Extras could be dynamically linked to other repositories to make installs and upgrades easier.

I agree with that, and would add to the list a point about sound, mixers and non-ISA soundboards. I keep seeing the same problem of sound coming up again and again.

Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student
Chemistry Department
Kansas State University