mailman migration fc1-> fc3

David Jansen jansen at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Wed Dec 1 16:43:36 UTC 2004

I'm building a new mailserver using FC3 to replace the current server
which is running FC1. Almost everything is ready, but I ran into some
issues regarding mailman. The package has been completely rearranged in
FC3, and this is an improvement, having binaries in /usr, configuration
in /etc and server data in /var/lib
Only now I wonder if I have done all that is needed to migrate the
existing lists. So far I have done:
. copied /var/mailman/archives to /var/lib/mailman/archives & modified
  the symbolic links
. copied /var/mailman/data to /etc/mailman + various edits
. copied /var/mailman/lists to /var/lib/mailman/lists
. modified httpd.conf to point to the new locations

Was this the proper way or have I missed something much more obvious
like a migration script? Did I forget something? (don't think so, since
the lists and the archives seem to be working)

David Jansen