Newbie Alert :) Network Problems

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Wed Dec 1 22:34:23 UTC 2004

On Thursday 02 December 2004 06:24, davide Richmond wrote:
> Ahhh...alright.  Maybe I'll try another flavor of linux..just trying to get
> my feet wet in Linux as much as anything :)
>
> Thanks for all of your help guys..I'll be back to bug ya'll if I go FC1 :)
>
> Davide

Take a look at ubuntu. It's one CD to get a reasonable working system, but
being Debian-based there's an enormous supply of software behind it. Like FC3
it has Gnome 2.8 and a 2.6 kernel.

Installation is pretty easy, and (maybe best), a few of the developers have
thinkpads.

You could start out checking their list archives, if nothing there then join
the list and ask.

--

Cheers
John Summerfield