Re: FC3: Blank screen at shut-down

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 09:29:34 +0100, antonio montagnani
<anto montagnani virgilio it> wrote:
> On one of my old machine, that was upgraded from FC2 to FC3 when I shut
> down I do not see most of the logout lines...and the screen is blank,
> but the screen comes up just immediately before power-off andI get the
> last line of logout.

Hmm; interesting. My machine used to do that under FC2 occasionally,
but I've not noticed since I upgraded to FC3. I *think* it's caused by
a race condition between starting the shutdown process and switching
to the first virtual terminal - when it happens, if you press
Ctrl-Alt-F7 you should find the shutdown messages appearing on that
virtual terminal. That said, I didn't investigate further and don't
know of a fix.

-Mark.