Re: Finding compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.126.i386.rpm in Fedora

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 17:37:25 +0100, Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists uni-x org> wrote:

> I don't really understand the difficulty to find the FC2 RPM within the
> Core RPMs on any mirror server.
>
> Maybe you should learn the power of "yum" to find packages?
> --> www.fedorafaq.org

Hi Alexander,

My problem is not finding the package.  I've been able to download and
install the package without a problem, from a mirror or yum.

My question is, I had two brand new servers.  On one I did a "Complete
Install" of Fedora FC2.  On the other I did a "Server" install and
hand-selected the packages I wanted.  On the first server, that
libstdc package was installed.  On the second server it wasn't.  So
somewhere in the Fedora packages (Add Remove Applications) is a
package that includes libstdc.  I'm just wondering which of the
categories it is under.  For example I assume it's under
"Development", but I dont know which item?

Shane