Re: Finding compat-libstdc++-7.3-2.96.126.i386.rpm in Fedora

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, John Summerfield wrote:

> On Friday 03 December 2004 05:16, Satish Balay wrote:
> > > I would mount cd then
> > > find /media/cdrom -name \*stdc\*
> >
> > or
> > yum instal compat-libstdc++
> Perhasp _I_ wouldn't;-)
> [root dugong ~]# yum install anaconda
>
> You have enabled checking of packages via GPG keys. This is a good thing.
> However, you do not have any GPG public keys installed. You need to download
> the keys for packages you wish to install and install them.
> You can do that by running the command:
>     rpm --import public.gpg.key
> For more information contact your distribution or package provider.
> [root dugong ~]# rpm --import public.gpg.key
> error: public.gpg.key: import read failed.
> [root dugong ~]#
>
> Evidently I have some reading to do.
>
> My expectations of yum aren't high atm, I've done nothing to set it up.

Sure - keep your expectations at whatever level that is
comfortable. But from your advices on this list - where you keep
refering & recommending debian over and over - I thought knew both
distributions pretty well..

BTW: the GPG keys for Fedora are in fedor-release package

rpm --import /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-3/RPM-GPG-KEY
rpm --import /usr/share/doc/fedora-release-3/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
yum install anaconda

Satish