Compiling FC3 kernel.

Lai Zit Seng lzs at pobox.com
Fri Dec 3 05:39:21 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004, Juan Pablo Claude wrote:

> Lai:
> 	Thanks for your reply. As to the patches, I actually did try to apply
> the "final" .bz2 compressed patch, but all of the differences has already
> been applied. As I understand it, you are only supposed to apply patches with
> version numbers higher than the version of the source.

Well you are probably looking at the numbers in the filename. Most of the
patches are indeed meant to be applied against the kernel. You can see
them all referenced in the SPEC file.

> 	Anyway, where is the SPEC file located? and where can I  find
> information on how to use rpmbuild?

The default location for RPMS installation would place it in
/usr/src/redhat/SPECS/kernel-2.6.spec.

As for building etc... I notice you've got the answer worked out :)

Have fun compiling the kernel.

Regards,

.lzs