ADSL Internet connection

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri Dec 3 09:50:13 UTC 2004

On 12/02/2004 10:44:01 PM, Cumbrera Hernandez, Juan Manuel (FA) wrote:
> I have one ADSL modem from Vitelcom with Conexant chipset.
>
> Does somebody knows how to make that the modem works and can it
> connect
> me to internet?

Have you tried running the Internet Configuration Wizard?
It's in the "System Tools" menu.

It worked for my ADSL connection, I don't know (or really care) what my
modem chipset is.

It may depend upon your provider too. Some (like mine) require IE to
configure the modem, and they mean it - try with any other browser, and
it fails. Once set up though it works (for me) regardless of what OS is
connecting through it.