Problem with FC3

John Aldrich john at chattanooga.net
Fri Dec 3 11:57:48 UTC 2004

Every time I log onto my FC3 system, I get a crash of nspluginscan. Anyone
know how to fix it? I reported it as a bug and RedHat said "nope, not
us...works for us" and suggested I delete the contents of
$HOME/.kde/share/config/session. Well, I did that and it still happens every
time I log in. Now, to be fair, I did save my /home directory tree from my
old RH9 system (along with a couple directories I use as raw storage for
MP3s, etc. <G>) so I'm guessing there's something in my autostart that's
causing this or something... the strange thing is that it happens even before
the desktop shows up... it happens while Fedora is loading my personalized
desktop settings. I haven't checked to see if it happens to someone else, as
I don't have any other users... Guess I could try creating one, but since I'm
pretty sure it's due to something in my saved config from RH9, I don't see
that it'll help much...
Thanks
 John