FC Update Suggestion

Rodolfo Alcázar rodolfo.alcazar at padep.org.bo
Fri Dec 3 12:36:50 UTC 2004

El vie, 03-12-2004 a las 05:50 -0600, Tom Browder escribió:
> I do a lot of manual updating by downloading individual rpms from the update
> directory and find it tedious (and error prone) to scroll through many
> versions of a program to find the latest (I would use yum, but I'm having
> network problems with my Linux box at the moment).

another approach on the same yum, you could try replicating daily all
rpms, saving time, even on a win box:

# wget -nd --mirror -P. \
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/3/i386

then, move all new files to your linux box (to, say /var/rpms/) and
create your own repository and update with

# createrepo /var/rpms/
# yum update

--
Rodolfo Alcázar (rodolfo.alcazar at padep.org.bo)