Re: Linux way to perform this vid card reflash...

Jim Higson wrote:

I couldn't use a boot floppy because this machine has no floppy drive (I could get one as last resort) - is there such thing as a dos boot cd?

There is no such thing as "the Linux way to reflash my BIOS". The flash program is written for DOS. Ergo, you must run DOS to run the flash program. I wouldn't do this from a DOS box in Linux, because the video card is already in use. You _could_ transfer the boot floppy image to an El Torito boot image and burn it to a CD, but probably easiest just to put the floppy drive in for the 2 minutes it takes to do this video BIOS upgrade.

Brian

--
Brian Richardson
Software Developer