Re: FC3 SMP builds do NOT contain ext3 drivers in the build!!!!

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Create your initial ramdisk image using mkinitrd with
"with=sata_promise". Or set the modprobe.conf like shown below and the
mkinitrd tool will place the additional modules too into the ramdisk
image file.

OK, I may give this a go if a new kernel has not appeared next week.

More likely than a new kernel a mkinitrd rpm update would be needed. Or
a corrected hardware detection setting

alias scsi_hostadapter sata_promise

in the /etc/modprobe.conf.

What puzzles me is why the single-processor version of the same kernel works. I mean, I had assumed they would be built exactly the same but with --target=smp (or whatever) for the smp kernel. Is that too simplistic?

R.