Re: xine media player

Paul Howarth wrote:

Gustavo Seabra wrote:

Markku Kolkka wrote:

Nathan Low kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika perjantai, 3. joulukuuta 2004 08:56):

Can someone tell me step by step to download this
software?

1. Configure yum with a repository that has xine, e.g. freshrpms:

rpm -Uvh http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/3/freshrpms-release/freshrpms-release-1-1.fc.fr.noarch.rpm
2. Install xine:

yum install xine

When I tried, the OK button was gray when a window popped up.

Please read this document: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
and follow its instructions next time you want to send questions to this
list.

He prbably has to add freshrpms to the yum repository. I don't think it comes configured in FC3.

Step 1 in the instructions above does that.

Paul.

Oops.

*Gustavo Seabra* <http://www.ksu.edu/chem/personnel/faculty/grad/jvo/ortiz/people_seabra.html> - Graduate Student
E-Mail: seabra ksu edu <mailto:seabra ksu edu>
Phone: (785) 532-6072 Chemistry Department <http://www.ksu.edu/chem/>
Kansas State University <http://www.ksu.edu>
Manhattan, KS 66506-3701