cdrecord on FC2

Christian Del Pino del.pic at verizon.net
Sat Dec 4 01:16:19 UTC 2004

Hello!

I have been having an issue with cdrecord on FC2. I am getting the
following message when I try to burn an image:

TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
scsidev: '1,0,0'
scsibus: 1 target: 0 lun: 0
cdrecord: No such device or address. Cannot open '/dev/sg*'. Cannot open
SCSI driver.
cdrecord: For possible targets try 'cdrecord -scanbus'.
cdrecord: For possible transport specifiers try 'cdrecord dev=help'.

But, when I run cdrecord -scanbus, I get the following:

scsibus1:
        1,0,0   100) 'HL-DT-ST' 'DVDRAM GSA-4160B' 'A300' Removable
CD-ROM
        1,1,0   101) *
        1,2,0   102) *
        1,3,0   103) *
        1,4,0   104) *
        1,5,0   105) *
        1,6,0   106) *
        1,7,0   107) *

I tried it already on two separate internal CD writers. Is it a driver
issue as listed above?

Thanks!

Chris