Making Caps lock a control key with Gconf?

Jonathan Underwood j.underwood at open.ac.uk
Sat Dec 4 01:19:08 UTC 2004

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Don Bennett wrote:

> You can configure it via:
>
> <Menu>->Preferences->Keyboard[LayoutOptions]
>
> In the panel on the right, open Control Key Position
> Select the option "Make CapsLock an additional Control"
>  and add it;

Ah yes, many thanks.

More worryingly though, I don't seem to be able to get
gnome-keybinding-properties to run from an account whose home directory
was used with FC2 previously.  If I create a new user account it will run
fine; from a user account that had previously been used with FC2, under
FC3 gnome-keybinding-properties crashes.  I tried deleting the .gnome,
.gnome2, .gconf, .gconfd and .gtkrc directories, but that didn't help. I
also tried copying accross those files/directories from a new user
account, and yet still it wouldn't work.  Anyone any ideas as to why this
is happening?

Thanks
Jonathan