Re: Please: need help with kdvi under FC3

Gustavo Seabra wrote:

Hi,

I've asked this before in many places but got no answers, and I'm just plain lost.

I'm trying to use kdvi (KDE) to view .dvi files. However, all I get are blank pages and some lines on the pages. The lines are the boxes or table lines that really are in the file, but I get no text at all. I tried to check the configurations, but I saw nothing that could help. Also, I can open the same file perfectly in xdvi, so the problem must be with my kdvi installation.

I'd be happy to follow any suggestions to track this down.

Help -> about kdvi gives:
kdvi 1.2 (Using KDE 3.3.1-4.2.3-kde)

rpm -q kdvi returns:
# rpm -q kdvi
package kdvi is not installed

Just one last detail: It works from kile ONLY if I open kile from the GUI, by clicking KDE -> Office -> kile. If i use the command line ($ Kile &) I have the same problem with the dvi file.

Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student
Chemistry Department
Kansas State University