Re: (no subject)

Matthew Wood wrote:

I am very new to linux, in fact i have only used it for about 2 hours before i wrote this email. i cannot write anything to the following directory /user/local/lib. I need to be able to, so that i an install MPlayer. How can i resolve this.

You have to be the root to write there. Use 'su' to change to root. 'man su' mught help. (I'm assuming you can use the command line...)

Gustavo Seabra - Graduate Student
Chemistry Department
Kansas State University