cdrecord issue

Christian Del Pino del.pic at verizon.net
Sat Dec 4 22:25:46 UTC 2004

Thank you for your help Alexander, that did it!

I did notice something strange in my cdrecord.conf file. This is what I
had:

CDR_DEVICE=cdrom
cdrom=		/dev/cdrom	-1	-1	burnfree

It seemed strange to me because you mentioned /dev/hdX, where in k3b,
the device is listed as /dev/hdc.

What I typed in that made it work was cdrecord dev=cdrom, as in my
cdrecord.conf file. Now my question, is my conf file wrong, or do I need
to reconfigure that cd burning apps with the correct device name?

Does /etc/fstab have anything with the device name of the cdrom also?

Thanks!

Chris