Any method can add addition language after running the FC3 ?

Marvin Dickens mpdickens at tlanta.com
Sun Dec 5 07:41:00 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 15:01 +0800, Wong Kwok-hon wrote:

> Sorry... I meant how to add more language into the Fedora Core 3 not
> just keyboard mapping...

What you want to do is not easy and you may want to reinstall:

At the system level, usually the source for languages is
in /usr/share/i18n/LL. The binaries for languages are
in /usr/share/locale/LL. Your going to have to Create the required
console fonts. Then your going to Add locale files for X including
Character encoding. Then your going to have to creating the required GUI
fonts (bdf-pcf, type1, ttf...). This does not even begin to touch on the
application level.

I wish I were more help, but this is the only way
I know to do this. Perhaps others know a practical
way to do this (I don't).

Best regards

Marvin Dickens