Random filecopy errors DVD -> Harddisk ?? HELP!!!!

Patrick patrickm at myway.com
Sun Dec 5 14:31:00 UTC 2004

I bought a dvd-romplayer (Asus E616P2) and installed it with a 80pins IDE cable to my motherboard (Asus P4T-F), together with a 80 gig harddisk (WD800JB). The harddisk is on the primary IDE channel, as master. The dvd-romplayer is on the secondary IDE channel, also as master. On both channels, no slave devices are installed.

If I copy a complete data cd (file copy in Gnome) to a directory on my harddisk, with several (random) files I get a I/O error. When I copy the same disc through my dvd burner (Plextor PX-712A, installed as a primary master on a additional IDE controller pci card), no problems..... Sad Sad

All three devices are connected with a 80pins IDE cable (ATA100)...

This is really frustrating... am I missing something here?
All jumpers are set correctly (checked 9 milion times)... ARGHHHHHH

HELP!!!!!!!