FC2 -> FC3 upgrade question

Jay Moore jaymo at mail.bokler.com
Sun Dec 5 18:26:23 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 12:04, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> You would be better of with using something like debian or rhel/centos
> then. Fedora certainly doesnt cater to your needs

Debian is fine, but I don't like the fact that they are so slow to
upgrade... And actually I've tried Debian, but it fails to recognize
hardware, etc, and is not nearly as easy to install as Fedora.

And I don't know where you get off telling me that Fedora "certainly
doesnt (sic) cater to your needs". I was simply expressing a desire for
more automated/less manual upgrades - initial installs are
easy/automated, why are upgrades (relatively more) hard/manual. Truth is
I like Fedora quite a lot; truth is most all OS's are difficult to
upgrade.

Jay