Re: an update to "A long, strange FC3 problem"

Summer Brooks wrote:

snip

Now, I just have to figure out where I put those RH9 cd's...

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Summer Brooks, WildHorse.com Staff I will choose a Path that's clear brooksj at wildhorse dot com I will choose Free Will

Hi,
I had a problem somewhat similar, I was unable to boot correctly and did not have the correct video card and monitor setup after an upgrade from fc2 => fc3.

The solution was as follows; when the boot stopped I was able to continue it by pressing "ctrl-C". The system would then boot in write protected mood and I would get a consol/command prompt. I got some good help here to find the correct commands and an editor to open and edit my xorg.conf. Under the video section the video driver was configured with a wrong name, or actually I think the driver name was entered twice. So I corrected it manuall and rebooted and everything was fine.

Could it be that you are hit by the same problem?

Regards,
Truls
begin:vcard
fn:Truls Gulbrandsen