FC3 DMA problems on Dell GX110

I tried to install FC3 on a Dell GX110 (P3-900, i810 video), but when it tried to boot the kernel (when installing from the cd) it gave a kernel panic. It did the same thing under FC2, we got it to install by using the ide=nodma switch. When we do that, the computer is a real dog, very slow. I put Red Hat 9 back on it last night just for grins and it runs perfectly, plenty fast.

Is there a way to make FC3 work properly without turning off the DMA? I didn't have to do it with RH9, but with FC2 or FC3 I have to turn it off and it's so slow it's unusable. Is there any way around this?

Thanks,
Kerry Miller
Victoria, TX