Loggin into a WEP enable home network

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Sun Dec 5 21:04:49 UTC 2004

On December 6, 2004 12:55 am, Terry R. Grier wrote:
> I am having to work out of a friends house for a couple of weeks.  I am
> connected to his router via a direct cable but his router is WEP
> enable.  However.. as a 3 week old linux user.... I do not know where to
> look to enter this code.
> or is it the other way around...? ...

I don't have tons of experience but from my knowledge of my home wireless
router (actually 2 home wireless routers I own), you only need to enter a
code if you are actually connecting wirelessly.

If you're connected by a cable (I assume "direct cable" means a normal twisted
pair network cable), no encryption is going to be done, I don't think.

Trevor Smith | trevor at haligonian.com
public key   | http://www.haligonian.com/pgp/