Repository conflicts and new smart package manager

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Mon Dec 6 01:13:40 UTC 2004

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004, Craig wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 15:11 +0100, Dag Wieers wrote:
>
> > Smart was written by Gustavo Niemeyer from Conectiva (the same guy that
> > ported apt to rpm and caused the RPM repository revolution). I have made
> > Fedora Core 3 packages (smart and smart-gui) that you can install from apt
>
> Using synaptic caused me to receive size-mismatch errors. Just wanted to
> let you.

Could this be related to a proxy server ? Can you try it again ?

I've released a newer package that offers a smart-gui wrapper (as I had
some people being confused and didn't know they had to run it using
smart --gui). Of course it was also accessible from the Applications menu
under System Settings.

It also now allows a user to run smart instead of asking a password on
start-up. The ability was always there, but console-helper got in the way.

Let me know if you still have problems.