Spam Filter for sendmail

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Dec 6 03:14:36 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 20:22, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> <sidenote>
>
> And now gmail becoming more and more popular we have a problem using
> grey-listing: gmail uses server pools from at least 2 different subnets:
>
> 64.233.170
> 64.233.18
>
> So you will have to whitelist these nets to not delay mail delivery for
> a too long time or to cause final rejection. More net ranges might be
> used by gmail. Input from your log files welcomed!

What problem?  As long as the gmail servers operate as defined by the
standards they will retry email as expected.  Setting greylisting for as
little as 2 minutes works just fine.

Adding a few entries to the whitelist where a message gets retried from
different servers in a pool is easy to take care of in return for the
benefits is well worth the time and effort.  It is much easier than
having to deal with thousands of unwanted messages.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Liberty don't work as good in practice as it does in speeches.
	-- The Best of Will Rogers