startup services order

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Dec 6 03:58:10 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-12-05 at 22:43, sly wrote:
> how can i chose the order in which services to be loaded? actually i
> want to have the pcmcia started before the network.

You just think that is what you want to do.  Most likely the real
problem you have is that your pcmcia network card is not starting up at
boot time.  The problem is that network services starts before pcmcia
and that causes the pcmcia network cards not to start.

The trick is to tell the network card NOT to start at boot time.  When
pcmcia services start later on it will start the network card anyway.
IMHO this is  BUG AND NEEDS TO BE FIXED!

But no one listens. :)

I hope that fixes your problem.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

I have never understood the female capacity to avoid a direct answer to
any question.
		-- Spock, "This Side of Paradise", stardate 3417.3