IDE controller card and Fedora Core 3

Langdon Stevenson langdon at meetjoebloggs.com
Mon Dec 6 11:02:29 UTC 2004

Hi Terry

> I will not get to techo .. since I am not .... but I have a machine
> running FC3 ... older Dell PII 400 - 192ram.  that runs gnome just
> fine... it is a little slow at times.. but it is better than XP.

The past four years I have been served quite nicely by a Pentium 233.
It has a pair of IDE drives set up with RAID 1.  Its a neat little box
that cost me almost nothing and continues to do good service.  Just a
little short of disk space as it can only address about 30 gigs or so.

Its gratifying what you can achieve with throw-away hardware sometimes.

Regards,
Langdon