etiquette question

Folks,

I've seen a lot on etiquette here lately, thought I'd add another
question to the mix -

I realise that it's important when asking a new question - or starting a
new issue - to email direct to the list (i.e. fedora-list redhat com).
This avoids the "hijacked thread" problem.

Similarly, it's best to "reply" to answer a question, to keep the
message within the thread.

However, I'm on digest, and am not sure how to do this properly, when
answering a question. I'm guessing a reply direct to the digest won't
maintain the thread.

Thanks,
Mike