Trouble with cloop module in FC [3]

Oscar twofish at terra.es
Mon Dec 6 23:41:36 UTC 2004

Salve, fedora user,

	anyone has worked successfully with the module cloop.o [which is used
to decompress images]?. I'd like to use it becouse I want to remaster a
knoppix distro.
I've seen several articles in google for gentoo and non-debian distros
(http://www2.goldfisch.at/knowledge/310), they tell you to rip up all
the #include <netinet/in.h> and modify a couple of makefile flags.
I've compiled it successfully, but, when I #insmod ./cloop.o , it fails
(segmentation fault).
But, despite the error, the module is loaded. I can't work with it, and
(what really annoys me), when I shut down my box, it hangs up in
"Sending KILL signal ... (or something alike). I've to 'force' a
shutdown (by disconnecting supply). Ctrl + Alt + Supr doesn't work.
Shift + Bloq Despl work fine.

Any ideas? Has anybody tried it?

Cheers,
--