Which distro to switch an FC3 samba server to?

Rich Burroughs rich at paranoid.org
Tue Dec 7 01:25:09 UTC 2004

Satish Balay wrote:
> You are looking at FC3-release packages - not FC3-updates. Check
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/3/i386

Right.

But I checked and the RC2 package for shadow-utils is a much older version
and there is no update for it, so I guess my theory was wrong. I thought
perhaps up2date was still checking the RC2 packages, but that can't be
right.

I'm not sure why up2date is not working right for you, and it's odd that
it would have quit partway through the upgrade. Maybe when you get all
those new packages installed it will work properly...

Rich