Problem whith DNS

AlilouLinux alilou_linux at yahoo.fr
Tue Dec 7 03:30:35 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexander Dalloz" <ad+lists at uni-x.org>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 3:17 AM
Subject: Re: Problem whith DNS

>Either none of the nameservers specified in /etc/resolv.conf is
>listening or communication is blocked by a firewall setting. Maybe a
>better check method is to run
The server specified in resolf.conf in the same machine in which I'm
installing the DNS

> dig -t ANY station22.alilou.fr @127.0.0.1

this commande give the same answer with 'host'.
; <<>>DiG 9.2.3 <<>> -t ANY station22.alilou.fr @127.0.0.1
;; global options: printcmd

>> Dec  7 00:13:53 a22sys3 named[6977]: couldn't add command channel
::1#953:
>> not found
>This error is due to IPv6.
OK

>> Dec  7 00:13:53 a22sys3 named[6977]: zone alilou.fr/IN: loading master
file
>> alilou.fr.zone: file not found
>Either the zone file is missing or - what I expect more - it has wrong
>permissions.
>chown named:named /var/named/chroot/var/named/alilou.fr.zone
>chmod 644 /var/named/chroot/var/named/alilou.fr.zone
I have done this change but the result is the same.

>> Dec  7 01:13:54 a22sys3 named: starting of named succeeded
>So it started.
Yes! !

Tank you Alexander. But the message is already the same:

dig -t ANY station22.alilou.fr @127.0.0.1
; <<>>DiG 9.2.3 <<>> -t ANY station22.alilou.fr @127.0.0.1
;; global options: printcmd

So, why it can't reach the DNS server my god!!