Can I use additional button on the mouse, Logitech MX300?

I have a Logitech MX300, and it has an additional button beside left,
middle, right, wheel up, and wheel down.  When I tested the additional
button with xev, it was defined as button 2 which the same with middle
button.

Can I use some other driver to know the difference between additional
button and middle button?  I want map it to the "back" function when
browsing web pages.

Shi-ming Chen