Re: BrowserBookmarksApplet, and "firefox -chrome ..." can't use default profile

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 16:23, Nigel Tao wrote:
> First, a shameless plug about the Gnome panel applet that I wrote to
> access my bookmarks: http://browserbookapp.sourceforge.net/
Good! Will want to have that once stable...

> As per http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.phtml?title=Chrome_URLs, I tried
> "firefox -chrome
> chrome://browser/content/bookmarks/bookmarksManager.xul" and it works
> great... provided that I don't already have an instance of firefox up
> and running.
Yeah, had the same issue with Netscape when showing an URL (eg clicking
on a link from my mail app). I resorted to calling a script instead
which determines whether an instance of Netscape is running already and
dispatch the URL accordingly.

May the rest of the list forgive me (it's only about 15 lines), I have
attached the script to the mail. Maybe that method can help you with
firefox as well...

--
HaJo Schatz <hajo hajo net>
http://www.HaJo.Net