Re: Haldaemon and Vmware

David Mackintosh wrote:
My experience was that vmware-any-any broke things to the point where
vmware didn't start at all, and the computer wouldn't shut down.  I eventually
removed the vmware RPM, re-installed it, and added this:

for a in `seq 0 9`; do mknod /dev/vmnet$a c 119 $a; done

...to the top of my /etc/init.d/vmware file.

Copying /dev/vm* to /etc/udev/devices should achieve the same thing.

Paul.