libcurl.so.2

mike mhoy4 at cox.net
Tue Dec 7 17:47:03 UTC 2004

I downloaded that rpm and let file roller do it's thing. no errors or
anything.
so i went back to install my program.rpm and let file roller handle that
and again with the libcurl.so.2 error

other suggestion was to go with progr.src.rpm installation which is ok
but i didnt' quite know what to type in command line to make that work.
no installation instructions from the site.

i tried #rpm -ivh program.src.rpm but i'm sure that wasn't right as it
didn't work.

what should i type please?

in the end i untarred a file then ./configure , make , su, make install.
and all is well for the drivel program.

but still i'd like to be able to use rpms as synaptic makes my life so
easy.

thanks,

mike h