libcurl.so.2

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Tue Dec 7 18:45:01 UTC 2004

On 12/07/2004 09:47:03 AM, mike wrote:
> I downloaded that rpm and let file roller do it's thing. no errors or
> anything.
> so i went back to install my program.rpm and let file roller handle
> that and again with the libcurl.so.2 error

That should have worked - did you install the rpm?
rpm -ql compat-libcurl

What does that output?

> other suggestion was to go with progr.src.rpm installation which is
> ok but i didnt' quite know what to type in command line to make that
> work. no installation instructions from the site.
>
> i tried #rpm -ivh program.src.rpm but i'm sure that wasn't right as
> it didn't work.
>
> what should i type please?

Follow these instructions to create an rpmbuild environment:

http://mpeters.us/linux/rpmbuild.php

They are fairly simple.
Then - as a standard user run:

rpmbuild --rebuild program.src.rpm

If you get failed build dependencies, you need to install those before
you can build it. For example, if it says it needs curl-devel - then

yum install curl-devel

-=-
That really is more than you should need to do though, you should be
able to install the mentioned compat-libcurl rpm and it should work.