Re: Cosmetic shell changes between FC1 and FC3

Am Di, den 07.12.2004 schrieb Alex Greg um 17:13:

> I've recently migrated from Fedora Core 1 to Fedora Core 3, and there
> are a few small but irritating changes that I'd like to revert back to
> the way they used to work:

> 2) When in my home directory, the prompt reads:
>
> [testuser desktop ~]$
>
> rather than:
>
> [testuser desktop root]$
>
> as it used to in FC1. Is there any way to change this back?

> -- Alex

I would say this is a bash bug. The shell build-in prompt does no longer
distinguish betwee \w and \W. See man bash -> prompting

              \w     the  current  working  directory, with $HOME
abbreviated with a tilde
              \W     the basename of  the current  working  directory,
with $HOME abbreviated with a tilde

Would you mind to report it with bugzilla?

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 21:31:16 up 1 day, 20:53, load average: 2.09, 1.83, 1.38