[Fwd: superblock issue]

Scott Talbot talbotscott at cox.net
Tue Dec 7 21:53:37 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 13:00 -0500, Kevin Connolly wrote:
> I'm forwarding this message, because I'm not really sure it got sent the
> first time. Sorry to all for the inconvience if it had
> email message attachment, "Forwarded message - superblock issue"
> On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 13:00 -0500, Kevin Connolly wrote:
> > I recently brought up FC3 coming from RH7.3.
> > When I tried to access the CDRom drive I get a superblock error. I have
> > a combo DVD/CDRom/ CDWriter drive.
> > I got the same error when I brought up RH7.3 years ago and solved it by
> > making a symbolic link for the DVD to the CDRom as I recall.
> > I didn't want to go messing with FC3 before getting some advice.
> > Anyone have any suggestions?

	Could you tell us how you are trying to access the disc?  Is it a
data disc, music disc or movie? could you send your /etc/fstab file? and did
you upgrade the installation in-place or do a delete then install?

The superblock error can be gotten for a variety of reasons,  I seem to
recall getting it when root would not - you could try that.

For me, the udev system has been very friendly with all of my devices,
including DVD/CD, USB disk key, digi-cam etc.

HTH

Scott