Re: OT: greylisting (was: public blacklists)

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 01:09, David Mackintosh wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 11:56:25AM -0500, Scot L. Harris wrote:
>
> Greylisting is good, as long as you control all your MX systems.
> Most of our small clients use an ISP for a secondary MX, and our
> experience shows that the majority of spam is aimed at that MX.
> Greylisting won't help you there, as the secondary MX will obediently
> retry after your timeout.

I must disagree here. I'm down from 300spam/day to 10spam/day for my
account after implementing greylisting (sqlgrey). I do have secondary
MX's listed (and working OK). Being able to manually go through the
tagged spam again is a *huge* gain to me...

--
HaJo Schatz <hajo hajo net>
http://www.HaJo.Net

PGP-Key:  http://www.hajo.net/hajonet/keys/pgpkey_hajo.txt