pam_mkhomedir.so + winbind for AD/Windows authentication

Has anyone had success using pam_mkhomedir.so in fc3? I'm trying to
use winbind to authenticate users against an AD PDC (works), but the
local home directory is not automatically created. I was hoping to use
pam_homedir, but I'm having trouble with the config file.  Thank you
for your help.

Shelley