Re: iproute2

Mezei Zoltan wrote:
Hi!

Patrick Boutilier wrote:

I would like to use a network card with 2 IP addresses assigned like:
ip addr add 10.0.2.1 dev eth0
ip addr add 192.168.2.1 dev eth0
How do I do it with the fedora network scripts in /etc/sysconfig/net*? Or should I use a custom init script?

Create a file called /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:0 and put the correct information in it for your second IP.

This is not what i want, it won't use iproute2 but will create an alias device. I know about it but i dont want it.

What is the benefit to using iproute2 instead of an alias?