Forcing a screen resolution

Chris Morrison chris-morrison at rassalom-technology.co.uk
Thu Dec 9 09:29:32 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I have just installed Fedora Core 3 on my new AMD64 laptop, all has gone
well.

My laptop is a 17" widescreen model with ATI Radeon 9700 Graphics. The
max screen resolution is 1440x900.

Fedora has correctly identified and set up my graphics card, and I have
configured the monitor type to 1440x900 TFT.

However, when I go to set the screen resolution in System Settings->
Display, 1440x900 is NOT displayed as one of the available resolutions.
I am using GNOME as my desktop.

Is there a configuration file I can tweak to make this an available
resolution, or to make this the screen res.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Chris

PS: On the subject of Laptops, does anyone know of a GNOME applet to
display the battery level?