Fedora Core 2 and up2date

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Dec 9 19:38:35 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 09.12.2004 schrieb J. Michael Morse um 20:17:

> I reinstalled slang and then up2date from an rpm but
> now I only have access to the command line.  I have
> the original FC2 cd but it doesn't seem to be of much
> help unless I want to do a complete reinstall.
>
> When I googled for 'fedora core 2 up2date' I got the
> link below:
>
> http://www.redhat.com/advice/tips/up2date.html
>
> but again, this is only a command line version.
> Where can I get the GUI for it?
>
> Michael

If X is running the command "up2date" will automatically start the GUI
version. If X is not running or you want to use the command line
version, then run "up2date --nox". So what is your problem? I must miss
something.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 20:37:05 up 3 days, 19:59, load average: 0.13, 0.48, 0.45