Advise on connecting a Plextor PX-712A ????

Patrick patrickm at myway.com
Thu Dec 9 21:58:23 UTC 2004

I've tried the "ide=nodma" option, but that made everything (X, the burning process and the verification proces) slooooowwww.... And again, when doing a md5sum check on /dev/hdc, it revealed a faulty checksum.

And what I don't get, is that it won't work. The devices are installed properly. All as master on their own IDE channel: hd (primary), dvdrom (secondary) and dvd burner (pci ide controlercard). Everything connected with a 40 pin, 80 wire IDE cable (blue, grey and black connector). The firmware of the burner upgraded with the latest version. Using Philips DVD+RW 1-4x rewritable dvd...

And still it doesn't work...

I don't get it.