ACPI and kernel 2.6.9-1.6.FC2

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 10 02:55:09 UTC 2004

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 11:02:01PM -0500, Lo Cal wrote:
> Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 23:02:01 -0500
> From: Lo Cal <remaker359 at gmail.com>
> To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> Subject: Re: ACPI and kernel 2.6.9-1.6.FC2
>         For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>
> I just fix the same problem on my machine using "apci=ht" in grub
> kernel line. I'm using an all AMD system....don't know if ht means
> halt, hyper threading or something else. Try it and see if it works
> for you.

This is equivalent to apci=off on an AMD processor box (should be
equivalent).  It enables apci only long enough to toggle
hyperthreading on.  After hyperthreading would be on apci is shut of
and the older power management software/ tool is used.

There seems to be some race condition involving the ACPI Interpreter
and the kernel ... where the shutdown sequence gets FUBAR.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	spam unwanted email.