FC3 DVD iso won't boot

Edward edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Fri Dec 10 04:27:05 UTC 2004

Bruce wrote:

> Fedora List:
>
> I have grabbed the i386 image and not the x86_64. So I am trying to get
> the DVD image for i386 to boot. Has anyone been able to get this image
> burned to a DVD to boot.
>
> Bruce

Bruce, I don't think there's anything wrong with your burn. I can boot
the DVD with 2 PCs I've tried it in with Samsung DVD-ROMs, but my main
server refuses to boot the DVD (HP Pavilion with a Hitachi GD5000 DVD-ROM).

I already had FC2 on the drive, so I cheated. Copied the ISO to a
partition, and used a hard drive installation. If you cannot do this,
try what the other guys suggested and use the CD image to boot. I have
made one of those as well, and it will allow installation from DVD.

Regards,
Ed.