FC3 power off problem

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 06:27:32 UTC 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 18:28:12 -0800, Nifty Hat Mitch
<mitch48 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Those with problems powering off cleanly need
> to be very clear what kernel they are working with
> and what boot flags are involved.   Looking at the
> diffs on a FC2 tree this area is changing quite a lot
> and any confusion on the involved code will slow getting
> a fix.
>
> One area of change is.
>    ....drivers/acpi/hardware/hwsleep.c
> Knowing exactly what kernel will let
> developer folk know what code is active.
>
> Also, Try including this info in the reports and postings.
>
>      egrep -i "apic|acpi" /var/log/dmesg
>      egrep -i 'kernel command line' /var/log/dmesg
>      uname -a
>
> If I am as current as I hope I am the current kernels are:
>           FC2 is 2.6.9-1.6_FC2
>           FC3 is 2.6.9-1.681_FC3
>
> --
>         T o m  M i t c h e l l
>         spam unwanted email.
>         SPAM, good eats, and a trademark of  Hormel Foods.

Hey Tom,

Glad to hear that work is being done on this.  Where is the best place
to post info concerning this?  Bugzilla?  Is there FC specific code
that is changing here, or is there work being done upstream (or both)?
As this seems to only affect some hardware, perhaps some info about
your hardware setup (motherboard and cpu) should be included too.
How are you comparing the sources?  Just downloading the .src.rpm's
and extracting them?  I'd like to look at the code that has changed to
possibly see what is going on.  Not that I'd probably understand it,
but it would be interesting : ).
Yes, last I checked, those are the latest kernels, if memory serves
(sure about the FC2 one, FC3 looks right).

Jonathan